RetroShoot360 RetroShoot360

Awesome :D

Amazing game. The controls were nice and smooth and the music and sound effects fitted really well. This should get a daily feature. :D
Also could you please tell me how you created the particle effects when you killed an ememy? they looked awesome.

Death Maze Death Maze

A nice effort but...

The maze game is a very common concept for a game idea. I myself have used it for many other submissions.
However since it's used so commonly you need to spice it up a bit. Maybe have some different features instead of just getting to the end of the maze.

Maybe add in some rotating windmills or moving objects that need to be avoided.

Also please never use the flash built in preset gradient colours such as the red and black circular gradiant, it makes your graphics look tacky.

Another way you could build on the game is to have a mute button or more music as the loud blaring music can get very annoying.

And last but not least when you submit a game try to give it some sort of replay value, your game kept me occupied for about 1 minute because it was very short with only 3 levels and sadly not very challenging.

Add in some more levels and objects and some different music and you have an enjoyable game.

i know i'm sounding very harsh but im only trying to point out the facts as i was making these types of games a couple of months ago and now i've improved a lot.

Don't get disheartned by this review though; keep working and persevere and you will improve.

Check out my Mouse avoider game if you want. It's called adventurea

Good luck with your future submissions.

1234ummm6 responds:

Thanks I will take your ideas under consideration but since this was my first game it was just a test to see if I could do it. I didn't expect many people to play it.

Parachute Paul Parachute Paul

Good Game :D

This is yet another simple platmormer with pixel graphics but the parachute idea is quite a nice addition. The game is good fun to play but it does get a bit repetetive after a while. I would suggest adding a soundtrack to make the experience more enjoyable.
I also really liked the way the menu was set out, very nice and original :D

7/10
4/5

Shoot A Smile Shoot A Smile

Lack of Effort

These type of games can be a lot of fun if created properly.
However yours was not much fun.

- I think you need to put a bit more effort into the graphics.
- Sound is a must have on these games
- Also speed up the pace of the game, no one wants to wait 1 minute to see their score.

Improve on these and i believe you have a good game

Basic AS2: Using traces Basic AS2: Using traces

Useful

This tutorial would be very useful for begginers and it was very well explained if someone didn't know how to use the trace(); function, i do. However while i was reading i became a little bit bored, maybe add in some music, if you don't want to increase the filesize by adding music from ng, pm me and i'll tell you how you can add music from newgrounds without it taking up additional memory in your game.

Governor of Poker Governor of Poker

WTF??

This game has some messed up poker rules i kept loosing.
triple aces against double 5's how do i loose?

Paper Plane Blow Paper Plane Blow

Nice graphics but....

This concept has been done lots of times before, i also found that it was extremly hard to control the plane no matter what setting i chhanged my mic to.
But i must say your artwork was very nice, good choice of music too. So overall a good game but the controls were a little too touch for me.

FlashJockey responds:

It was done lots of times but not in a flash game
thanks for the review

Plazma Burst: FTP Plazma Burst: FTP

Really nice but...

The graphics were really nice, good sound effects but the controls wern't very responsive

Mazeroll Mazeroll

Nice But

This was a really fun game, but maybe you should add more variation in music, other than that great game 8/10, 4/5

Swine Flu: Salvation Swine Flu: Salvation

Allright

The game itself was quite good, the graphics were nice, bullets could have been better, the pigs were cool, but the sound effects did get a bit annoying maybe add in more variation of gunshots, or pig die sounds, or tone it down a bit.